On rainy or cold days, nothing comes close like a good bowl of soup. The possibilities are endless but one of the classic is the tomato soup with creamy cheese.
The trick to leave no acid is to add a pinch of sugar. We also put other vegetables and some cream cheese. It is delicious! Thus it is prepared.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large carrot
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparing the cream of tomatoes and cream cheese
- Finely chop carrots and celery
- Heat the oil pan in medium heat, in that fry the onion, carrot and celery for ten minutes
- Add tomato sauce, peeled and seeded tomatoes, sugar and basil branch
- Cover and cook over medium heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the broth, salt and pepper to taste and cook covered for 25 minutes; Basil retires at the end of this time
- Blend the soup with cream and cream cheese, strain and return to the pot
- When it boils again, turn off the heat; Season with salt and pepper
Enjoy hot. You can serve with croutons.