Parties with barbecue and roast beef are common, especially if it is a Sunday. However, they do not vary much in the food served, unless of course, you want to show off and prepare lamb.
If you want to vary the menu a little, we bring you this rich chicken that has a very sweet touch and is also accompanied by sweet rice. You can surprise your guests with this !
Preparation time | 2 hours
Difficulty | Easy
People | 4
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk and a little longer to cook rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tablespoons. light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- zest of 1 small lemon
- ½ small lemon juice
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into long strips
- bamboo skewers
- basmati rice
- chopped cilantro to serve
Making Thai coconut chicken skewers
- Combine coconut milk, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder, pepper, curry powder, soy sauce, ginger, lemon zest and juice in a large resealable bag. Shake well to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes and place the chicken pieces on skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Cook until skewers are cooked, turning often to cook each side, brushing with additional marinade.
- Meanwhile, measures rice and replaces water with coconut milk instead.
- When ready skewers, served on a bed of warm coconut rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.