Scones, those delicious English muffins to accompany the tea are quite an awesome duo. Not all the scones needed to be sweet and so try this savory version with cheese !
These muffins are great for breakfast or snack. Do not miss it!
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
Preparing zucchini and cheddar cheese scones
- In a large bowl, mix flour with baking powder, chives and salt
- Add the grated butter and mix until you have coarse crumbs
- Add milk and beaten eggs and mix until the dough
- Stir in cheese and zucchini
- Spend a greased round pan and forms a disk; cut into 8 pieces
- Bake at 200 for 15-20 minutes or until golden
Wait for it to cool slightly before removing the slices. Enjoy!